27 April 2005

The Unknown

Okay so I decided to hop on a rocketship and join the blogger universe. It seems like an easy way to keep others included in my life and perhaps even drop a few pictures in what I am up to these days.
I am ready for summer to roll in and for warmth and sun to fill the days. The rain is... well let me just say it is more than the average 8 inches a year Colorado gets. It's more like 100... no I did not miss type; it is 1oo inches, on average, per year! For us native Coloradans it is a sick joke... really for anyone. The good thing about the rain is it has improved my painting skills (you can't do much landscaping, however wearing a rainsuite is really, for lack of a better word, cool). Okay maybe I'm being a bit sarcastic when I say a good thing. I would prefer not to use the words "painting" and "I" in the same sentence ever again or atleast if it involves painting a house; in particular bathrooms.
I have decided to leave Woodleaf at the end of summer in hopes to become a professional surfer. Just kidding. I only wish. Honestly though, I don't know. It leaves me with an anxious, excited, nervous feeling. So if any of you have any divine inspirations let me know, preferably by August 15, 2005. I need time to buy an airplane ticket if that's what the inspiration may be. Let me just give you a run down of the things that the fall could hold: seminary, traveling to Spain or some spanish speaking country, visiting Colorado for more that 4 days, going to Tennessee...the list goes on as far as where I would like to travel. I for sure know that I'm going to watch season 4 of 24 with Laura, but that will only take a few days. The world is my oyster! Actually I don't like oysters so I'm going to change the phrase to: THE WORLD IS MY MANGO! They taste much better... at least I think so and since this is my blog I get to decide what my world is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa... This is SO cool! I even get to post a comment! I have a great idea for your traveling plans. I will hopefully be living in Australia from July 15 - September 15 of 2006, so you can come visit me! That would be WAY fun! Well, I look forward to reading your entries and leaving comments. :) Love and miss you! Can't wait for Woodleaf this summer! Bye.

Anonymous said...

Oops! That comment was from me-- Yazel.

Anonymous said...

Hey Micah!

Thanks for keeping us up-to-Blog on your whereabouts and plans for the future.

Praying that the Lord will open the right door and close all the wrong ones. May the Holy Spirit continue to guide you into all truth!

by His grace,

- Grant

Anonymous said...

You rock that mango.
And.... welcome...

Anonymous said...

That was me... Love Bink

Anonymous said...

You need to get over the rain factor Meeks, it isn't like it's going to kill you are something. It makes things grow, it makes things lush, it makes things green, it makes things like slugs, it makes rubber boots fashionable, it makes bright colors more noticeable, it makes for good hot soup days and hot chai tea nights, it makes movies and fire places and fleece sox more cozy, it makes me happy... for a little while. I will be honest though, I'm ready for summer sun also... but the rain made that too!

For seriously though, I got an idea for your future plans. Through a lot of prayer and supplication, I think this might be right up your alley. Young Life currently is laying plans to finance the introduction of an Area Intern position here in Seaside/Gearhart, with hopes for her to possibly grow into an Area Director for the North Coast... Arch Cape to Astoria BABY! There ain't more beautiful coastline in all the world than right here my friend. Besides, Brandon and I couldn't be more blessed than to have a friend like you in our one-stoplight town.

We should chat girl. Miss you hall-y. Much love to ya. -Lai